Latest Event Updates
The Concert Band has made a great start this year. We’re already working on scales and starting a new band piece, Anasazi Legend. Keep up the good work. Don’t forget to practice.
Concert Band was so amazing last night. Thank you for your hard work. I am really pleased. Don’t forget, even if you signed up for another activity block, keep coming to your weekly lessons.
How Parents Can Help
1. Help your child establish and maintain a regular practice schedule. As much as possible, have your child practice when you are home. Sign the practice chart, verifying the amount of home practice accomplished for each lesson.
2. Help your child remember to bring his/her instrument and lesson books to school on lesson and rehearsal days.
3. Keep necessary supplies on hand, for instance, reeds, oil, etc. (Cleaning supplies, instrument accessories, music books, and computer software make excellent birthday gifts. Band directors and the area music dealers can give you ideas of additional items your child may want or need for his/her instrument.)
4. Show an interest in your child’s study of an instrument. Reinforce practice sessions by listening and making positive comments. Reinforce the understanding that success in all endeavors takes time and effort. Consider using rewards when practice goals have been met, but don’t use practice as a form of punishment. Avoid making fun of mistakes or less-than-perfect playing, and don’t insist your child play for others when he or she doesn’t want to.
5. Keep instruments in good working condition. Have them checked over at least once a year by a repair person.
The last concert of the year for Middle School will be on May 25, 2017 at 7pm.